At Leap we’re building a world-class platform to drive growth for emerging brands by developing and operating branded retail stores. On the Leap platform, brands can easily open stores to connect with more customers and drive profitable growth - both offline and online. Branded stores *powered by Leap* deliver impactful and memorable customer experiences while helping brands to capture more customers, data and powerful insights that accelerate product innovation and overall growth. In our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 8 brands across New York City, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2020 and beyond.
Mission for the position:
As a key member of our Brand Management team, the Retail Marketing Manager will work with internal stakeholders such as Leap corporate Retail Ops team members, and field sales / store leaders, and external stakeholders such as brand customer/client leaders, to plan and execute marketing programs which increase visits to brand stores powered by Leap. By strategically deploying structured marketing programs in support of our brands and stores, the Retail Marketing Manager helps to ensure brand stores powered by Leap achieve sales and profitability goals, and build highly engaged local communities around stores and brands on our platform.
Brand Partner & Store Marketing
- Build local, national and regional marketing activations, events and partnerships while tracking and ensuring KPIs are met and activations are repeatable and scalable.
- Partner with Brand Managers and Store Managers to lead field & event marketing programming pre/post to store openings, including but not limited to event activations, partnerships and community development initiatives.
- Lead tracking and analyzing KPIs of marketing program performance and store performance reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive communications with the store GMs and associates to ensure promotions, sales and customer loyalty
- Implement & drive clienteling & loyalty tools and best practices with the stores team to drive loyalty and lifetime value.
- Support the development of brand-centric components of overall retail strategy (i.e. experiential marketing, sales process / content for staff trainings, etc.)
- Collaborate directly with Brand Managers and partner brands for regional test & learns that drive traffic to stores (OOH, Email CRM, Digital, Social, Print, Radio, etc)
Competencies & attributes for success:
- 3+ years experience in retail marketing, field marketing, partnerships, or brand management.
- Familiarity with DTC brand space / categories e.g. apparel/fashion and accessories, home goods, etc.
- Proficient in managing local activations e.g. promotional event marketing, cross-brand partnerships, etc. including budget and ROI reporting
- Basic understanding of DTC space e.g. brand strategy, ecommerce vs. retail, etc.
- Working knowledge of digital, social and programmatic CRM marketing channels
- Proficient in leading partners in designing & creating digital content & printed collateral
- Experience working in a high growth startup (brand or DTC-brand focused platform / SaaS business) is a plus
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong creative and problem solving skills
- Strong teamwork and project management skills
- Self starting, humble, quick learner who enjoys working with a team of A players
- High attention to detail and ability to understand the big picture while operating in weeds
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successful deployment and management of varied marketing programs including reporting and analysis and regular program/playbook optimization, as measured against program performance targets for contribution to store traffic, sales, and customer experience ratings and feedback
- Consistent timely delivery of marketing program performance reports
- Consistent successful collaboration with fellow team members and other internal stakeholders, and external stakeholders e.g. brand leadership personnel, and Leap field sales / store leadership team members
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented high performance culture within the company