- Chicago, IL
- Full Time
- Accounting and Finance
Accounts Payable/Receivable Manager
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
Mission for the position:
As one of the first Accounts Payable team member on our Accounting team, you'll play a key role in the development of our accounting and finance capabilities including core workflows and systems for the management and analysis of accounts payables, accounts receivable collections, invoice generation, store level capital expenditure tracking to budget, and development/improvement of the overall AP and AR process. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and organizational skills that help support the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and collection of outstanding receivables.
Accounts payable and receivable:
- Manage the accounts payable email box daily, manage the posting and payment of all approved invoices each week
- Manage the accounts receivable collection process, including following up with brand partners for payment status
- Perform weekly cash reconciliation, matching payments to related bills & cash receipts to open invoices
- Assist in the monthly invoicing of brand billing statements by retrieving reports from various data sources and departments like store development, marketing, and retail operations.
- Appropriately code invoices and expenses to the proper GL accounts and store codes
- Responsible for following up with internal stakeholders and ensuring vendor W9s are collected and stored
- Track certain spend types to budget as requested by management
Corporate & administrative systems and workflows:
- Play an integral role in reinventing the accounts payable process to become more streamlined and efficient
- Support overall corporate financial planning and analysis
- Work hand-in-hand with the Accounting Manager, Controller and other business stakeholders to brainstorm, analyze, and implement process automation, including developing a purchase order approval process
Qualifications – key competencies & attributes for success:
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years accounts payable experience in a corporate environment
- Prior experience managing a team of direct reports
- Strong understanding of the accounts payable process and the connection it has with financial statements/budgeting/planning
- Innate curiosity, possess a desire to learn new things, and want to grow their contribution level to the organization overtime.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative work setting. Clearly communicates in verbal and written settings
- Highly organized and detail oriented, able to manage and keep records and processes up to date
- High level of comfort working in a dynamic and fast-moving workplace culture
- Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starting working style
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Consistent, timely execution of accounts payable processing with thoughtful analysis and insights
- Timely collection of outstanding accounts receivables with majority of receivables <30 days past due
- Contributions to the development and implementation of Accounting & Finance workflows, systems/tools and team development
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented, high performance culture within the firm
- Successful collaboration with operational peers and team members across the organization
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team.
In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued