Leap develops and operates modern physical retail stores for emerging brands. Via the Leap platform, brands rapidly deploy efficient, modern stores that work in concert with their ecommerce customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* deliver outstanding customer experience and powerful insights that enable emerging brands to grow and innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. In our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 9 brands in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2020 and beyond. We're excited by the opportunity to reinvent retail for the next generation of leading brands and consumers.
Mission for the position:
As one of the first full-time members of our Accounting and Finance team, and the overall leader of the function, you'll help to lay the foundation for, and scale, our accounting and finance capabilities. You'll partner with our co-founder, and collaborate with leaders of a range of functions across the business, to drive development of core workflows and systems for the management and analysis of revenue and expenses, employee compensation, cash management, financial reporting and more. You'll also serve as a key stakeholder in collaboration with our product and engineering teams in the development and integration of systems for accounting and finance data management and process automation, and will help to execute on a range of projects in the pursuit of growth and performance management objectives.
Development, implementation and ongoing management of workflows for:
Revenue and expense/cost accounting and transaction processing
- Calculation of revenue and expenses based on store level and corporate operational activities and transactions, including day to day retail store operations and related activities such as online order fulfillment and reverse logistics
- Processing/execution of resulting cash transactions in collaboration with our Controller and other key business stakeholders
- Processing and analysis of related capital expenditures and associated financial transactions pertaining to store development, vendor payables, etc.
- Store level and footprint rollup accounting and GAAP financial reporting including omni-channel/cross-channel and inter-company transaction accounting, and related monthly close workflows
- Other regular accounting workflows and financial analysis e.g. capex payback, lease accounting, labor cost accounting and performance analysis, etc.
- Tax prep, capital transaction/financing related and other sporadic workflows
Corporate & administrative systems and workflows
- Calculation, filing and payment of footprint rollup sales tax reports to various taxing authorities
- Payroll and incentive/bonus compensation and equity incentive compensation program related accounting
- Overall corporate financial planning and analysis
- Tax & compliance including sales tax, licensing and permitting, etc.
- Oversee and drive corporate financial planning and analysis, including establishing metrics and partnering with leadership for monitoring and optimization of operational results and preparation of Board reports
In collaboration with Product Managers, Software and Data Engineers, Data Analysts and senior leadership, support the development and integration of systems for:
- HR & legal functions incl. total rewards and benefits program administration, talent recruitment, onboarding and performance management, lease analysis and overall risk management
- Accounting and finance data management and analytics and transaction execution, financial planning and analysis, and process automation
Qualifications – key competencies & attributes for success:
- Bachelor's degree and CPA with 5+ years accounting and finance management experience with demonstrable track record of success
- Work experience in public accounting and within a high growth company in the consumer space (e.g. branded retail and/or ecomm); understanding of software / SaaS business is a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting, and financial analysis standards and best practices including lease accounting and retail operational accounting and related financial analysis
- Exceptional attention to detail; ability to understand the big picture while operating in the weeds
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team development skills including hiring and management
- Humility and high aptitude for learning and self-improvement
- High level of comfort working in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style - self-starting, highly accountable, ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions, desire to win
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successful development, implementation and ongoing management of accounting and finance team workflows, tools/systems and team
- Consistent, timely delivery of business account and financial analysis reports with actionable insights
- Successful collaboration with operational leaders and team members across the business and senior leaders
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented, high performance culture
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants.