Leap develops and operates retail stores for modern brands. Via the Leap Platform, brands rapidly deploy stores throughout the country that work in concert with ecommerce to efficiently create compelling customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* bring modern brands to life and deliver outstanding customer service and insights that enable growing brands to innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. At Leap, we're excited by the opportunity to help reinvent retail and play a part in building the next generation of leading consumer brands while building an inclusive culture with meaningful presence in local communities.
Mission for the position:
As the Manager of Visual Merchandising, you'll act as the link between our corporate and store teams in the conception and execution of visual merchandising across a variety of brands on the platform. You’ll work closely with the Retail Operations, Brand Management, and Store Development teams to create visual directives that drive sales, customer engagement, and brand awareness. Through planning, product knowledge, and cross functional partnership, you will liaise with our field to ensure all visual merchandising embodies each brand and is reflective of seasonality, sales, and market trends. This role reports into our VP, Retail Operations.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years experience in a store associate Visual Merchandising role or 2+ years in a corporate associate Visual Merchandising role.
- Strong collaboration and partnership with Corporate and Field team members.
- Product knowledge extending into fabrication, fit, styling, lifestyle presentation, etc., for a company that has a platform of 10 different brands and growing.
- Proven ability to use CAD software; experience with creating planograms and directives using remedial programs like PowerPoint, Publisher, etc., will be considered.
- Ability to manage and budget resources including supplies and labor using expense management and scheduling systems at the direction of the Retail Operations and Store Development teams.
- Ability to travel to different markets in the U.S. for new store openings and store renovations.
- Experience in supporting the execution by store personnel, including Store Managers.
- Experience in understanding product reporting and providing visual redirection to drive sales growth accordingly.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Ability to react and adapt to last minute changes while still meeting deadlines and maintaining quality of work.
- Serve as the leader for all visual merchandising planning, execution, and store FAQ’s to ensure visual merchandising standards are always met in all stores.
- Create innovative, easy to execute, and on-brand visual directives in a cadence that mirrors new collection and product releases across all brands on the Platform.
- Collaborate with Store Development on all visual merchandising supplies (mannequins, props, tools) across all stores, including repairing, cleaning, and ordering.
- In collaboration with Retail Operations, develop training materials that facilitate understanding of visual merchandising and how to execute standards, merchandising moves, and incorporating product engagement into Leap’s selling strategy.
- In collaboration with Store Development, create visual merchandising plans for new store openings.
- In collaboration with Brand Management, gather product vision and storytelling information needed to create visual directives.
- Assist the Store Managers in scheduling the execution of visual merchandising moves while supporting their business and customer service expectations.
- Support Retail Operations in providing realistic payroll budgets leading to efficient execution.
- Present visual merchandising strategies, training materials, and other plans to senior leadership.
- Manage all visual merchandising related initiatives using corporate project management tools.
- Collaborate with Store Performance Management committee to decipher product reporting and execute visual merchandising to impact sales performance.
- As an integral member of the team, you will be expected to give and receive feedback and you're comfortable explaining the reasoning behind your opinions.
- You’ll navigate through ambiguity and adapt to last minute changes and plans to execute initiatives seamlessly.
In your first month, you'll:
- Meet with members of every single team at Leap, and consider their roles and their biggest challenges.
- Work in stores and partner with Store Managers to gain understanding of market trends, traffic patterns, and products in each store / brand.
- Work directly with Store Development, Retail Operations and Brand Management teams to begin strategizing how to implement a Visual Merchandising Program.
- Create and present next month’s visual directives across all brands.