Leap develops and operates physical retail stores for emerging brands. Via the Leap platform, brands rapidly deploy efficient, modern stores that work in concert with their ecommerce customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* deliver outstanding customer experience and powerful insights that enable emerging brands to grow and innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. In our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 8 brands in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2020 and beyond. We're excited by the opportunity to reinvent retail for the next generation of leading brands and consumers.
About the role:
As a Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator, you will execute and help manage store improvement and minor construction projects and maintenance/upkeep and repairs in order to maintain and improve our store customer and employee experience. You will be a key support partner to our Store Design and Development, Real Estate and Brand Management teams, helping to maintain and repair store fixtures, furniture & equipment, branding elements, back of house and other key systems such as lighting and HVAC in a timely and cost efficient manner, ultimately ensuring that stores are kept fresh and engaging for customers at all times. and all repairs are completed as quickly as possible.
- Proactively execute and manage upkeep and repair of FF&E, branding elements and operating systems within brand stores powered by Leap.
- Manage to budgeted/forecasted costs by sourcing vendors and bidding work.
- Develop and manage local vendor lists and relationships.
- Collaborate with Brand Management and Retail Ops team members to develop and manage processes for preventative maintenance in stores.
- Support Store Development PMs in execution of renovations and redesign projects.
- Support Store Development PMs in new store development projects, mainly with handling of punchlist completion.
- Support Retail Operations with window changes and other visual merchandising initiatives.
- Coordinate internal communication on projects with cross-functional teams such as Retail Operations, Brand Management, Real Estate, and Finance.
- Manage onsite work (GCs, subs and trade vendors) to resolve any issues arising in field quickly and ensure budget, schedule, and quality are maintained.
- Manage close out packages when relevant.
Key competencies & attributes for success:
- Track record of success in coordinating maintenance and repairs at branded retail stores.
- 1-3+ years experience within the retail industry – within facilities and maintenance, design and development or store operations.
- Ability to travel (domestically) to conduct site visits on occasion, if necessary.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successful management of facilities and maintenance workflows according to defined measures.
- Successful execution of repairs and maintenance e.g. on-time, on-budget, and on quality as applicable.
- Successful collaboration with peers / fellow stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented high performance culture within the company.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants