Leap develops and operates physical retail stores for emerging brands. Via the Leap platform, brands rapidly deploy efficient, modern stores that work in concert with their ecommerce customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* deliver outstanding customer experience and powerful insights that enable emerging brands to grow and innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. In our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 8 brands in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2020 and beyond. We're excited by the opportunity to help reinvent retail and cross-channel customer experience for the next generation of leading brands and consumers.
At Leap, the BizOps Manager serves as a thought partner to, and extension of, of one of our two Co-Founders/Co-CEOs in the development, execution and management of key projects and related people, processes and systems. In this role, you'll work across existing functions and teams to build up Leap's people, processes and systems/tools, other drive other exploratory and developmental special projects.
This is the right role for an entrepreneurial, collaborative, high performing individual with exceptional critical thinking, analytical, communication and project management skills who wants to gain management and leadership skills, and strong working knowledge of how high growth venture-backed businesses are built, by operating from a position with the broadest possible purview of the organization.
After ~12-18 months, the successful BizOps Manager will have the opportunity to take on a management/leadership position in any area of the company; thus, for the right candidate, this is an opportunity to accelerate his or her career development.
- Partner with the Co-CEO and collaborate with other managers and senior leaders throughout the organization to develop and execute/implement a range of strategically prioritized developmental projects, people, processes
- Leverage our data to develop new tools and workflows to be used in decision making and core operations / operational workflows to build and improve the business, with the sponsorship of our Co-Founder/Co-CEO and other key managers and leaders
- Serve as a key stakeholder in the development of products/systems and product management workflows
- Support our Co-Founder & Co-CEO in stakeholder management including company level performance analysis and reporting, development and management of Board and investor reporting materials and tools, and org development
- Manage and/or oversee certain administrative operational workflows and tasks (BizOps workflows)
Preferred experience & attributes for success in the role:
- 3+ years experience management consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture investing and/or venture-backed startup developmental role, or other relevant experience, with demonstrable track record of success
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills (e.g. excel modelling and/or data analytics)
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to understand the big picture while operating in the weeds
- Humility and high aptitude for learning and self-improvement
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly evolving working environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style – self-starting, highly accountable, ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions, strong desire to win
- Software data analytics and data engineering skills are a plus
- Strong design sense is a plus
- Able to travel domestically from time to time as needed e.g. as much as 2-3 times per month, for 2-3 days at a time
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successful execution of prioritized projects e.g. on-time, on-budget and on quality as applicable
- Successful management of business operational (BizOps) workflows according to defined measures
- Successful collaboration with peers/stakeholders throughout the organization
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented high performance culture within the company
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants.