National Account Executive
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest-growing companies in the retail/e-commerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. Our staff are what makes our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
About the role:
Leap is looking for a National Account Executive who can drive new business through the deal funnel and serve as a key face of the organization to our current and new potential brand customers. This individual will serve a key role in the company's overall growth, working to generate new opportunities with highly desirable brands and driving new customers through the sales funnel, from exploratory qualification to negotiating and signing. The role provides a unique opportunity to evaluate and partner with the leading brands of tomorrow while also learning how high-growth venture-backed businesses are built by working from a multifaceted growth position within the organization.
This individual will be responsible for signing up a number of new brands onto the Platform while also supporting account expansion with existing customers, measured on a monthly/quarterly basis. Although working as an individual contributor, this is a highly cross-functional role - where collaboration with our Real Estate, Market Level Business Development, and Marketing teams will be crucial to hit goals. You'll be the main point of contact for a number of brand accounts, responsible for leading them through the process of learning about the Leap Platform and ultimately signing up new stores across our quickly growing markets in the U.S. This individual will be rewarded on merit and results with an unlimited ceiling for success.
To succeed, this individual will need strong customer-facing and written/verbal communication skills, while working dynamically with a range of both internal and external stakeholders. You’ll be thrown into executive conversations with hundreds of leading, modern retail companies in a fast-moving, innovative culture.
**This is a hybrid role in our New York office**
Base: $100k -120k + commission
What you'll own:
- Drive new business: manage and progress qualified opportunities through the deal funnel from underwriting to pitching to negotiating and contracting, serving as a key point person for Leap along the way
- Utilize strong interpersonal relationship building skills and business acumen to confidently explain Leap's business model while engaging and ultimately converting brands interested in the Platform
- Effectively and efficiently seed, develop, and land new commercial relationships with target brands translating to the successful execution of incremental stores on the Leap Platform
- Strategically drive new opportunities through each stage of the funnel and identify innovative ways to win deals with quality targets
Our ideal candidate has:
- 3-5 years of Business Development, Sales, Growth at a venture startup, or other context of high-stakes external-facing experience in a target-driven environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style – self-starting, highly accountable, strong ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions; strong desire to win; high output
- Proven ability to over-deliver on results, succeed in high-pressure situations, and/or successfully manage a sales pipeline
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as proficient hard skills in Powerpoint and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving startup working environment
- A strong interest in and at least an intermediate understanding of retail and emerging retail brands
- Strong business acumen or finance experience i.e. the ability to navigate financial documents such as P&L's, is a plus
- Past experience in Salesforce or other CRM is a plus
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Hit or exceed a monthly/quarterly individual target for new store contracts signed onto the platform
- Track to reach new store opening goals on a quarterly basis while contributing to growing the footprint of the Platform across all U.S. markets
- Significant contributions to the development of the fundamental infrastructure of a quickly growing Growth organization
- Successfully represent Leap as the leading “Retail-as-a-Service” Platform in the marketplace amongst brands, industry partners, and peers
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.