Leap develops and operates retail stores for modern brands. Via the Leap Platform, brands rapidly deploy stores throughout the country that work in concert with ecommerce to efficiently create compelling customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* bring modern brands to life and deliver outstanding customer service and insights that enable growing brands to innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. At Leap, we're excited by the opportunity to help reinvent retail and play a part in building the next generation of leading consumer brands while building an inclusive culture with meaningful presence in local communities.
As a data-driven, rapidly growing business, financial analysis is at the core of what we do and key to our success. In this role, reporting to our co-founder and co-CEO and working directly with peers throughout the company, you'll develop and perform a wide range of financial analyses, supporting the business from top to bottom – store and footprint pro forma projections, merchandising strategy and inventory operations, brand and customer strategy, local market / real estate analysis, and more.
This is an ideal role for a critical thinker with exceptional financial modelling skills and general business acumen who is looking to accelerate development of her or his career by playing a key role in an innovative, growing company.
This role is open to candidates in NYC and Chicago (markets in which we currently have a corporate presence) and/or elsewhere. The position is flexible in regard to working from home, office, or anywhere.
- Develop financial models and perform analysis in support of critical growth/developmental and operational workflows and teams, including:
- Pro forma models and performance scenario analysis for brand stores powered by Leap
- Brand- and footprint/fleet- level rollup forecasting and financial analysis
- Marketing performance analysis
- Project financial analyses such as capex payback, lease financial analysis, etc.
- Top-down company operating plan development and iteration, and long-range strategic planning
- Transaction analysis e.g. equity and debt financing transactions, etc.
- Proactively manage financial analysis request and delivery workflow and communication with internal stakeholders on our Growth (BD and Real Estate), Retail Operations, Brand Management, Accounting & Finance, and Senior Leadership teams
- Support development of Accounting & Finance operational workflows and process automation
- Support strategic special projects and analysis by performing one off research, modelling and economic analysis
- Support company performance reporting workflows incl. analysis for internal and external stakeholders e.g. investors and Board
- Support Accounting & Finance administrative workflows and help to drive development of the Accounting & Finance team / overall functional capabilities
Preferred experience & attributes for success in the role:
- 2+ years in private equity or venture capital and 2+ years experience in relevant role within a consumer operating business
- Outstanding critical thinking and financial modeling / business analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to understand the big picture while operating "in the weeds"
- Data analytics / data engineering experience is a plus
- Humility and high aptitude for learning and self-improvement
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style – self-starting, highly accountable, ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Timely and accurate performance of workflow deliverables requirements (analysis, research, etc.) according to defined measures
- Successful execution of developmental projects e.g. on-time, on-budget and on quality as applicable
- Successful collaboration with peers/stakeholders throughout the organization
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented high performance culture within the company
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants.