Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems, and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
In 2021, just our third full calendar year in business, we grew 4x+ by every measure and are heading into 2022 with 50 stores open, 30+ active brands in our store footprint (500+ total registered) and a team of 300+ and poised to grow another 5x in the near term. The year ahead promises to be even more exciting, with new platform capabilities launching, an ambitious revenue plan and expansion of our operations and customer base across existing and new markets.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a unique company. Our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed. Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
Mission for the position
As senior engineer, you'll be a part of a diverse team of talented technology and will build the foundation of a scalable technology platform. You'll show us how you design, test, and iterate over simple code that’s easy to reason through. You know that the soul of great software is making it simple and easy to refactor.
You'll work closely with product and CTO to architect and execute the Leap platform. As a senior engineer, you’ll be called on to work on various parts of that platform—from real-time brand integration to data engineering, to reporting and data science. Your role will be to scope projects, execute them, and help develop healthy maintenance strategies as we grow quickly.
What you'll do:
- Design real-world solutions to practical challenges, by writing great code
- Drive and participate in clear, consistent code review practices, using your experience to help grow a great engineering team
- Have fun and work with a scrappy, optimistic, energetic startup team
- Use state-of-the-art technology and programming tools
- Collaborate on the roll-out of internal workflows and procedures, prioritizing automation
- Be encouraging, supportive, kind, fun, sensitive, honest, a great teacher, and above all, a great student
- Significant programming experience writing code in Python/Ruby or similar language
- Technical experience with API-driven e-commerce systems (inventory, supply-chain, etc.)
- Experience working under clear product/operational priorities
- A deep commitment to testing and automation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Curiosity, energy, and a sense of humor
- Humility and high aptitude for learning and self-improvement
- High level of comfort working along a dynamic and evolving roadmap
- Innately curious, wants to understand all parts of Leap’s business, encourages innovation and creative problem solving with others
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style - self-starting, highly accountable, ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions
In your first month, you'll:
- Go to our stores, ask questions, try on products, buy products, return products, and experience being a customer first-hand
- Participate in scoping and design sessions for our technology platform
- Experiment with new datasets and propose new insights for our team
Communicate constantly with an encouraging, supportive team
Your success will be measured by:
- Your ability to work directly with potentially everyone on our team—CEOs, retail ops personnel, and technology, even across different cities and time zones in the USA
- As a senior engineer, your ability to work quickly while being a protector of our long-term interests
Why take the leap?
- The mission at Leap - to build the world’s largest network of branded retails stores – powered by data, systems, and scale, is literally transforming the future of retail, and all Leapers contribute to making this happen.
- We offer a competitive salary, performance bonus, employee option grants, 401K, paid sabbatical, heritage holidays, charitable donation match, discounts across all our brands, meaningful health, and well-being benefits and MORE!
- We believe and invest in professional development and internal advancement.
- We offer a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and FUN!
Leap EEO Statement
However, you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding, and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team.
To achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems, and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words; this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.