Area Manager, San Francisco
- San Francisco, CA
- Full Time
Leap develops and operates modern physical retail stores for emerging brands. Via the Leap platform, brands rapidly deploy efficient, modern stores that work in concert with their e-commerce customer experiences. Brand stores powered by Leap deliver outstanding customer experience and powerful insights that enable emerging brands to grow and innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly. We're excited by the opportunity to reinvent retail for the next generation of leading brands and consumers.
We're searching for a dynamic and entrepreneurial Area Manager to oversee a cluster of our San Francisco locations. The Area Manager plays an integral role in curating the foundation for our brick and mortar business and acting as liaison between our brand and our customers. Being the face of Leap, our team will have an immediate and direct impact on the success of the business and brand awareness in our home market. Our team not only provides an exceptional shopping experience but treat their store with a sense of pride and ownership.
As an Area Manager, you will help build out this exciting new retail model for Leap, while gaining first hand exposure to a few exciting and prominent brands. You will take pride and ownership in being part of the best team and know that you are an integral part in shaping the next frontier of brick and mortar retail.
What You’ll Do
- Directly manage the a store location and oversee up to 4 locations in the San Francisco area.
- Take pride in demonstrating a world class work ethic
- Be a trustworthy leader who guides with integrity at all times and continually acts in the best interest of the brand and the customer
- Create a nurturing work environment filled with people who respect one another and who enjoy each other’s company
- Manage a high volume business that is transaction and operations focused, ensuring the team multitasks service, shipment processing, visual changes, etc.
- Build out staffing schedules for teams and approve area schedules
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the selling floor
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and visuals are reflective directives
- Identify and communicate product concerns and inventory insights for Area
- Ensure shipments are properly processed in a timely manner
- Monitor the movement of all inventory and ensure that staff adheres to all Shipping/Receiving policies and procedures, and meet inventory shrink requirements
- Liaise directly with the Retail Operations team to manage and react to potential changes with leasing calendar, brand rotation, etc., to keep up the flow of operations between brands
- Build and maintain good communication with members of corporate office and other stores
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
- Ensure image and grooming standards are adhered to at all times, reflective of the brand vibe and image
Our Ideal Candidate
- You take pride in being smart, fun, and motivated.
- You have 5-7 years of big box or high volume retail management experience.
- You're excited to work for an emerging brand and about contributing to the company’s growth.
- You have sharp analytical skills, including basic retail math, understanding of capacity levels, calculating inventory on-hands, tracking sales throughout your shift, etc.
- You’re comfortable using technology to perform all job functions including sales reporting, communication between stores and HQ offices, managing inventory, and corresponding with customers.
- You're experienced with customers and motivated to help them through the store experience from start to finish.
- You love being organized and have an eye for details.
- You place value on being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You'd describe yourself as positive, passionate about fashion, high energy, and eager to learn.
- You're excited to increase brand exposure in your personal market.
- You're able to work a retail schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Career growth opportunities
- Exceptional employee discount on product
- Continued education (e-learning and training)
- Medical, vision and dental insurance, 401(K)
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation as a whole. Leap Inc. has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19. This policy complies with OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard on Vaccination and Testing.
In order to achieve our mission, we need to work hard to create a diverse community of Leapers to support the brand and customers we serve and help us all grow and thrive individually and as a team. Our differences make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.