Leap develops and operates retail stores for modern brands. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data-driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country.
Although our store footprint includes a number of markets throughout the country, our corporate teams including this role are based in Chicago and NYC. The position is flexible in regard to working from home but will require regular office work/time for best results going forward.
About the role:
As a data-driven, rapidly growing business, financial analysis is at the core of what we do and is key to our success. The mission for the individual in this role is to inform decision making throughout the business with sound financial analysis. In this role, reporting to our co-founder / co-CEO, you’ll partner with various individual contributors, managers and senior leaders to develop and perform a wide range of data-driven financial analyses. This is an ideal role for an individual with strong financial analysis/modelling, communication skills and general business acumen who is looking to play a key role in the growth of innovative company by supporting and driving key daily operating workstreams.
- Develop financial models and perform analysis in support of critical operational workflows and developmental initiatives, such as:
- Weekly business performance reviews with operational leaders highlighting variances vs plan and recommendations to expand wins and shore up gaps
- Pro forma models and forecasting / performance scenario analysis for brand stores powered by Leap
- Cost analysis and optimization
- Marketing performance analysis
- Project financial analyses such as capex payback, leasing transactions, and special projects
- Mid-month overall operating KPI analyses including actual to budget comparisons
- Proactively manage financial analysis request and delivery workflow and communication with internal stakeholders on our BD, Real Estate, Retail, Brand Management and Accounting & Finance teams
- Support Accounting & Finance administrative workflows and help to drive development of the Accounting & Finance team and workflows incl. process automation
- Support company performance reporting workflows incl. analysis for internal and external stakeholders e.g. investors and Board
Preferred experience & attributes:
- 2+ years in private equity or venture capital and 2+ years experience in relevant role within a consumer-facing operating business
- Strong critical thinking and financial modeling / business analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to understand the big picture while operating "in the weeds"
- Data analytics / data engineering experience is a plus
- Humility and high aptitude for learning and self-improvement
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment; experience in a high growth startup environment a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style – self-starting and highly accountable
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Timely and accurate performance of workflow deliverables requirements (analysis, research, etc.) according to defined measures
- Successful execution of developmental projects e.g. on-time, on-budget and on quality as applicable
- Successful collaboration with peers/stakeholders throughout the organization
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented high performance culture within the company
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants.