Leap develops and operates modern physical retail stores for emerging brands. Via the Leap platform, brands rapidly deploy efficient, modern stores that work in concert with their ecommerce customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* deliver outstanding customer experience and powerful insights that enable emerging brands to grow and innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. In our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 9 brands in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2021 and beyond. We're excited by the opportunity to reinvent retail for the next generation of leading brands and consumers.
Mission for the position:
As one of the first full-time members of our Accounting and Finance team, you'll play a key role in the development of our accounting and finance capabilities including core workflows and systems for the management and analysis of revenue and expenses, employee compensation, cash management, financial reporting and more. You'll also serve as a key stakeholder in collaboration with our product and engineering teams in the development and integration of systems for accounting and finance data management and process automation, and will help to execute on a range of projects in the pursuit of growth and performance management objectives.
Revenue and expense/cost accounting and transaction processing:
- Calculation of revenue and expenses based on store level and corporate operational activities and transactions, including day to day retail store operations and related activities such as online order fulfillment and reverse logistics
- Processing/execution of resulting cash transactions in collaboration with our Controller and other key business stakeholders
- Processing and analysis of related capital expenditures and associated financial transactions pertaining to store development, vendor payables, etc.
- Store level and footprint rollup accounting and GAAP financial reporting including omni-channel/cross-channel accounting, and related monthly close workflows
- Support other regular accounting workflows and financial analysis e.g. capex payback, lease accounting, maintaining fixed asset registers, labor cost accounting and performance analysis, etc.
- Support tax prep, capital transaction/financing related and other sporadic workflows
Corporate & administrative systems and workflows:
- Month-end close - preparing workpapers, journal entries, and draft financial statements in an accurate and timely fashion for review by the Controller
- Drafting brand billing statements and monthly invoices
- Calculation and filing/payment of footprint rollup sales tax, and related analysis
- Incentive/bonus compensation and equity incentive compensation program related accounting
- Support overall corporate financial planning and analysis
- Bi-weekly payroll and expense reimbursement processing
- Capitalized software accounting
- Administrative items related to new store openings, including filing appropriate paperwork with regulatory authorities for permits, licenses, and taxes.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Controller and other business stakeholders to brainstorm, analyze, and implement process improvements and automation.
Qualifications – key competencies & attributes for success:
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years operational accounting and finance experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting, and financial analysis standards and best practices
- Strong understanding of basic retail and ecommerce consumer business dynamics and related accounting and financial management best practices; understanding of the same for SaaS businesses is a plus
- Strong analytical, teamwork and written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Humility and high aptitude for learning and self-improvement
- High level of comfort working in a dynamic and fast moving workplace culture
- Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starting working style
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Consistent, timely execution and delivery of accounting workflows and related business financial performance reports with thoughtful analysis and insights
- Contributions to the development and implementation of Account & Finance workflows, systems/tools and team development
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented, high performance culture within the firm
- Successful collaboration with operational leaders and team members across the organization
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants.