Leap develops and operates physical retail stores for emerging brands. Via the Leap platform, brands rapidly deploy efficient, modern stores that work in concert with their ecommerce customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* deliver outstanding customer experience and powerful insights that enable emerging brands to grow and innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. In our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 8 brands in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2020 and beyond. We're excited by the opportunity to help reinvent retail and cross-channel customer experience for the next generation of leading brands and consumers.
As a data-driven, rapidly growing business, financial analysis is at the core of what we do and key to our success. In this role, reporting to our Controller and working directly with our co-CEO and a range of functional managers and senior leaders, you'll develop and perform a wide range of financial analyses to inform strategic planning and operational decision making in support of company growth and performance management objectives.
This is the role for a critical thinker with exceptional financial modelling skills, strong business financial analysis skills, and solid overall business acumen who is looking to accelerate development of her or his career by playing a key role in a disruptive, high growth company.
- Develop financial models and perform analyses in support of critical growth/developmental and operational workflows and teams, including:
- Pro forma models and performance scenario analysis for brand stores powered by Leap
- Brand- and footprint/fleet- level rollup forecasting and financial analysis
- Marketing performance analysis
- Project financial analyses such as capex payback, lease financial analysis, etc.
- Top-down company operating plan development and iteration, and long-range strategic planning
- Transaction analysis e.g. equity and debt financing transactions, etc.
- Proactively manage financial analysis request and delivery workflow and communication with internal stakeholders on our Growth (BD and Real Estate), Retail Operations, Brand Management, Accounting & Finance, and Senior Leadership teams
- Support development of Accounting & Finance operational workflows and process automation
- Support strategic special projects and analysis by performing one off research, modelling and economic analysis
- Support company performance reporting workflows incl. analysis for internal and external stakeholders e.g. investors and Board
- Support Accounting & Finance administrative workflows and help to drive development of the Accounting & Finance team / overall functional capabilities
Preferred experience & attributes for success in the role:
- 3+ years investment banking, private equity, venture capital, other asset management or other relevant financial analysis, research or other business financial analysis or operational management experience, with demonstrable track record of success
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong teamwork communications skills
- Data analytics and/or software engineering skills are pluses
- Humility and high aptitude for learning and self-improvement
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to understand the big picture while operating in the weeds
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly evolving working environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style – self-starting, highly accountable, ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions, desire to win
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Timely and accurate performance of workflow deliverables requirements (analysis, research, etc.) according to defined measures
- Successful execution of developmental projects e.g. on-time, on-budget and on quality as applicable
- Successful collaboration with peers/stakeholders throughout the organization
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented high performance culture within the company
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants.