Senior Sales Development Manager
Leap develops and operates retail stores for modern brands. Via the Leap Platform, brands rapidly deploy stores throughout the country that work in concert with e-commerce to efficiently create compelling customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* bring modern brands to life and deliver outstanding customer service and insights that enable growing brands to innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. At Leap, we're excited by the opportunity to help reinvent retail and play a part in building the next generation of leading consumer brands while building an inclusive culture with a meaningful presence in local communities.
About the role:
The Senior Sales Development Manager role is a unique opportunity to lead a high-performing team within Leap's quickly growing Business Development organization. This role is a hybrid people manager/individual contributor role with a fast trajectory to sole people manager.
This role will have a team of about 4-5 SDRs that will report directly into it.This individual is responsible for strategically acquiring new business leads in high-growth & highly desirable brand categories (e.g apparel/fashion, home goods, beauty, fitness, and more).
You will be held accountable for creating a strategy to drive >300% growth in new business leads and will be given the resources to be successful. This individual will be facilitating initial discovery meetings with prospective brand customers while also leading and training the team in how to do so successfully.
You will develop and run point for Leap's new business development/demand generation initiatives and regularly refine, develop, and commercialize our top of funnel demand activities to move brands into the sales funnel at scale. This is the right role for an entrepreneurial, strategic thinker who likes to lead from the front lines and has a passion for people management and development.
- Orchestrate and accelerate successful new sales development strategies to create 300%+ growth in the total new qualified Leads on the platform
- Hire and manage a high-performing team of 4-5 individual contributors (SDRs)
- Manage and optimize commercial-grade systems to drive new brand acquisition
- Optimize state of the art CRM program/systems/e.g. Hubspot/SalesForce, to create workflows and efficiencies amongst the growth team
- Collaborate with marketing efforts to generate top of funnel leads (e.g. creating content calendars, co-creating copy, sequence planning, and analysis on monthly performance)
- Responsible for finding/reporting on trends and formulating overall learnings from weekly lead generation and initiatives
Desired experience and attributes:
- 5+ years of proven experience in acquiring new business and demand generation efforts, demonstrating significant and measurable results
- We're looking for an individual who has 'done this before': someone with a proven track record of creating and implementing successful strategies and/or initiatives that have led to significant growth in a company's new business pipeline
- Someone who is entrepreneurial & resourceful
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- High-level knowledge and interest in modern emerging brands, retail, and e-commerce industry landscapes
- Strong teamwork skills including experience with cross-functional team collaboration
- Has a strong ability to anticipate problems and implement effective solutions
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Hit or exceed monthly/quarterly targets for new, qualified prospects on the platform
- Hire and manage a high-performing team of 4-5 individual contributors
- Manage top of funnel efforts to add, develop and land new commercial partnerships until handoff to bottom of funnel account executives
- Develop, test, and scale unique onboarding flows for different customer cohorts
- Successfully represent Leap as the leading “Retail-as-a-Service” Platform in the marketplace amongst brands, industry partners and peers
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team.
In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued