Leap develops and operates physical retail stores for emerging brands. Via the Leap platform, brands rapidly deploy efficient, modern stores that work in concert with their ecommerce customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* deliver outstanding customer experience and powerful insights that enable emerging brands to grow and innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. In our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 9 brands in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2020 and beyond. We're excited by the opportunity to reinvent retail for the next generation of leading brands and consumers.
About the role:
The Manager, Real Estate is an internal real estate strategist and dealmaker for Leap, working across brands and store locations on the platform to enable grow and help manage the business. In this role, reporting to the Director of Real Estate, you will develop a deep understanding of local markets, create and drive strategic plans with respect to Leap's overall business objectives and other strategic considerations; identify appropriate sites and store locations, and project manage the deal making process end to end – from negotiation to lease execution, and post-deal proactive footprint management.
- Coordinate and conduct location footprint / portfolio reviews with internal stakeholders, develop market level strategic plans, drive exploratory discussions and analysis with external stakeholders such as brokers and advisors to identify priority target store locations
- Evaluate and negotiate new store locations / deals, via brokers and via direct engagement with landlords in prioritized target market(s)
- Proactively project manage location deal/development process to ensure timely execution of leases and location possession to enable successful footprint expansion and growth of the business, leveraging Leap prorprietary analytics and third party data to inform decision making
- Work with real estate counsel (internal and outside attorneys) to ensure store location legal agreements e.g. lease and license documents, work letters and ancillary documentation accurately reflect all deal terms and minimize risk and costs to Leap
- Present strategic plans and store location deals to our Real Estate Committee for approval, including comp analysis, ensuring accuracy of data openings; and ensure relevant data/information is shared throughout the Leap organization through relevant tracking systems and reporting tools
- Network with retail real estate industry peers, landlords, other specialty retailers, and industry/trade associations and stay informed of business and industry trends as a member at large of Leap's Real Estate organization
Our ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrable track record of success in working to develop and managing the location portfolio of a growing retail brand
- 3-5 years of experience in the retail real estate industry on either the tenant / branded operator, landlord / owner, developer, or brokerage sides
- Strong business acumen
- Strong communication and negotiating skills
- Strong business relationship building skills
- Ability to build consensus while driving workflow forward decisively
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup environment
- Ability to travel by car or plane to meet with industry partners and peers as needed. Travel will be intermittent but may be as high as 50% at times
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successful development and management of store location footprint (dealflow generation and execution)
- Successful collaboration with peers/stakeholders throughout the organization
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented high performance culture within the company
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants.