Sr Manager, Visual Merchandising Creative
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
The Sr Manager, Visual Merchandising Creative will be overseeing Window Design, Sign Design, and VM Procurement, in a unique role that combines multiple facets of Visual Merchandising and will require someone with extensive experience in the field. This role will also build and grow a team as well as manage all budget maintenance for the areas they oversee. We are looking for someone who has a strong track record of cross-collaboration and ability to create scalable design solutions and systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners for all visual merchandising creative needs including (but not limited to) in-store signage, hallmark holiday promotional materials, launch assets, and window design.
- Lead the VM team in the scalable development, trends and innovative design solutions for windows and signage.
- Advocate for specific brand needs while also serving as the gatekeeper for Leap VM guidelines, timelines, and procedures.
- Establish success metrics, KPI’s and assess ROI to optimize retail window design impact and track the progress towards those goals.
- Establish a physical signage inventory and ensure it is accounted for and updated seasonally.
- Partner with Brand Team to obtain assets, gain approvals and influence the sign/window development process.
- Manage vendors and negotiations to ensure the best price for all external projects.
Key competencies & attributes for success
- 4+ years in similar roles, preferably in a retail channel with multi-brands approach
- Ability to inspire and engage cross-functional teams
- Candidate must be extremely detail oriented, able to think analytically with precision and consistency, and able to understand and manage the complexity of a diverse store group
- Superior Project management, organizational and design skills
- Extraordinary design aesthetic and expertise
- Self-motivated, innovative, and able to multitask under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Solid capabilities in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office software; Sketchup is a plus.
Outcomes and Measures of Success
- Visual merchandising compliant stores that follow and implement all Window and Sign directives.
- Outstanding partnership with the Brand team that maintains a positive working relationship with the brand customers.
- Consistent improvements made to SOP’s to drive profitability and superior customer/brand experiences.
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.