Leap is a new company that is pioneering a fresh way of doing traditional brick and mortar by offering emerging brands the opportunity to open stores via Leap’s retail-as-a-service platform. The Leap Platform allows brands to focus on their e-commerce business while Leap handles all things retail for them from the lease, the staffing, to all things operational. By doing this, brands are able to expand their footprint and brand awareness exponentially while incurring little risk venturing into the new aspect of their business. Having worked with 12 brands since being founded in 2018, Leap is continuing to expand into new markets and adding more top tier talent to our team.
Leap is currently looking for a full time Sales Supervisor to help lead our Goodlife location on Bleecker Street in New York City. Founded in 2014, Goodlife is an American based retail brand committed to providing the essentials for truly living your best life. At Goodlife, we believe that a man makes his clothes (not the other way around), and everything we produce should empower him to enjoy his Goodlife unapologetically. Our collections are masterfully curated so our customers can effortlessly and enjoyably build their ideal wardrobe for every season, never accumulating items they won’t wear. The combination of the highest-quality materials, like our Supima cotton or our custom Italian corozo buttons, and the perfect drape, across our t-shirts, sweats, and rotating seasonal essentials, creates our signature addictive fit.
As a Sales Supervisor, you will help build out this exciting new retail model for Leap, while gaining first hand exposure to many prominent and exciting brands. You will not only provide an exceptional shopping experience in-store, but assist customers virtually on an appointment basis and fulfill orders out of the store and ship to customers directly. You will take pride and ownership in being part of the best team and know that you are an integral part in shaping the next frontier of brick and mortar retail.
What You’ll Do
- Take pride in demonstrating a world class work ethic
- Be a trustworthy leader who guides with integrity at all times and continually acts in the best interest of the brand and the customer
- Carry a key to the store, responsible for opening and/or closing the store
- Create a nurturing work environment filled with people who respect one another and who enjoy each other’s company
- Manage a high volume business that is transaction and operations focused, ensuring the team multitasks service, shipment processing, visual changes, etc.
- Build out staffing schedules for team
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the selling floor
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and visuals are reflective directives
- Identify and communicate product concerns and inventory insights
- Ensure shipments are properly processed in a timely manner
- Monitor the movement of all inventory and ensure that staff adheres to all Shipping/Receiving policies and procedures, and meet inventory shrink requirements
- Liaise directly with the Retail Operations team to manage and react to potential changes with leasing calendar, brand rotation, etc., to keep up the flow of operations between brands
- Build and maintain good communication with members of corporate office and other stores
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
- Ensure image and grooming standards are adhered to at all times, reflective of the brand vibe and image
Our Ideal Candidate
- You take pride in being smart, fun, and motivated
- You have 1-3 years of big box or high volume retail management experience
- You're excited to work for an emerging brand and about contributing to the company’s growth
- You have sharp analytical skills, including basic retail math, understanding of capacity levels, calculating inventory on-hands, tracking sales throughout your shift, etc.
- You’re comfortable using technology to perform all job functions including sales reporting, communication between stores and HQ offices, managing inventory, and corresponding with customers.
- You're experienced with customers and motivated to help them through the store experience from start to finish
- You love being organized and have an eye for details
- You place value on being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You'd describe yourself as positive, passionate about fashion, high energy, and eager to learn
- You're excited to increase brand exposure in your personal market
- You're able to work a retail schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
We’re an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Full-time employees are offered:
- Competitive hourly salary
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Employee discount on product