Leap develops and operates modern physical retail stores for emerging brands. Via the Leap platform, brands rapidly deploy efficient, modern stores that work in concert with their e-commerce customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* deliver outstanding customer experience and powerful insights that enable emerging brands to grow and innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. In our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 9 brands in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2021 and beyond. We're excited by the opportunity to reinvent retail for the next generation of leading brands and consumers.
Founded in 2009 as a fashion blog, Something Navy has become an online destination which is carefully curated to provide you with inspiring, engaging, and relatable content. In 2018, we launched our first fashion line and we continue to develop evolve our digitally-native lifestyle brand. We’re looking for an Operations Supervisor to join our inaugural team in NYC and manage our first storefront. The Operations Supervisor plays an integral role in curating the foundation for our brick and mortar business and acting as liaison between our brand and our customers. Being the face of Something Navy, our team will have an immediate and direct impact on the success of the business and brand awareness in our home market. Our team not only provides an exceptional shopping experience but treat their store with a sense of pride and ownership.
What You’ll Do
- Take pride in demonstrating a world class work ethic
- Be a trustworthy leader who guides with integrity at all times and continually acts in the best interest of the brand and the customer
- Carry a key to the store, responsible for opening and/or closing the store
- Create a nurturing work environment filled with people who respect one another and who enjoy each other’s company
- Manage a high volume business that is transaction and operations focused, ensuring the team multitasks service, shipment processing, visual changes, etc.
- Build out staffing schedules for team
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the selling floor
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and visuals are reflective directives
- Identify and communicate product concerns and inventory insights
- Ensure shipments are properly processed in a timely manner
- Monitor the movement of all inventory and ensure that staff adheres to all Shipping/Receiving policies and procedures, and meet inventory shrink requirements
- Liaise directly with the Retail Operations team to manage and react to potential changes with leasing calendar, brand rotation, etc., to keep up the flow of operations between brands
- Build and maintain good communication with members of corporate office and other stores
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
- Ensure image and grooming standards are adhered to at all times, reflective of the brand vibe and image
Our Ideal Candidate
- You take pride in being smart, fun, and motivated
- You have 2-5 years of big box or high volume retail management experience
- You're excited to work for an emerging brand and about contributing to the company’s growth
- You have sharp analytical skills, including basic retail math, understanding of capacity levels, calculating inventory on-hands, tracking sales throughout your shift, etc.
- You’re comfortable using technology to perform all job functions including sales reporting, communication between stores and HQ offices, managing inventory, and corresponding with customers.
- You're experienced with customers and motivated to help them through the store experience from start to finish
- You love being organized and have an eye for details
- You place value on being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You'd describe yourself as positive, passionate about fashion, high energy, and eager to learn
- You're excited to increase brand exposure in your personal market
- You're able to work a retail schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
We’re an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Full-time employees are offered:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Employee discount on product