Leap develops and operates physical retail stores for emerging brands. Via the Leap platform, brands rapidly deploy efficient, modern stores that work in concert with their ecommerce customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* deliver outstanding customer experience and powerful insights that enable emerging brands to grow and innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. In our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 8 brands in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2020 and beyond. We're excited by the opportunity to reinvent retail for the next generation of leading brands and consumers.
About the role:
The Director of Business Development role is a unique opportunity to work directly with our senior leadership team to evaluate and partner with the leading brands of tomorrow – emerging high growth consumer brands with compelling value propositions and passionate fans in a range of categories (e.g. apparel/fashion, home goods, beauty and more). Reporting directly to one of our two Co-Founders/Co-CEOs, the individual in this role will serve as a key face of the company in the market working to generate new opportunities with highly desirable brands by attending industry conferences, holding initial exploratory meetings with prospective brand customers and engaging with prospective brand customers at various stages of the funnel, from exploratory qualification and sell-in meetings to contracting and renewal + account development. In collaboration with our Brand Management and Product teams, the BD Director will help develop and run point on demand generation programs and regularly refine brand customer focus profile screening and scoring criteria/attributes, and help to build the overall Growth team.
This is the right role for an entrepreneurial, strategic thinker with who likes to lead from the front lines and fundamentally understands business development, demand generation and platform growth and has the desire and capacity to play a critical role in building a rapid growth company.
- Develop and execute strategies to grow Leap's pipeline of qualified brands across desired categories
- Build desirable target account lists based on target customer attributes and screening criteria
- Engage with potential brand customers to qualify new opportunities and collect inputs for further evaluation (i.e. scoring & underwriting)
- Manage qualified opportunities through the stages of the funnel from sell-in to contracting and onboarding, in collaboration with Brand Management team members and other internal stakeholders – serving as the key point person for Leap along the way
- In partnership with stakeholders on our Brand Management and Real Estate teams, develop and execute plans to drive store count growth with existing brand customers/accounts
- Own and manage B2B CRM for tracking and analysis of pipeline activity including engagement and conversion KPIs to ensure on-target performance and inform strategic planning
- Optimize overall strategy and specific tactics / channels to realize efficiencies and quality of leads while maintaining holistic view of overall funnel
Our ideal candidate has:
- 6-8 years of Business Development in context of high stakes customer / vendor relationships and/or strategic partnerships
- Demonstrable track record of success in landing and growing targeted accounts
- Strong high level working knowledge of modern branded retail and e-commerce industry landscapes
- Strong teamwork skills including experience with cross-functional team collaboration
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong ability to operate “in the weeds” without losing sight of the big picture
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly evolving working environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style – self-starting, highly accountable, strong ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions; strong desire to win; high output
- Team development and operational management/leadership is a plus
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Effectively and efficiently seed, develop, and land new commercial relationships with targeted brands which translate to successful execution of stores on the Leap Platform
- Development of scalable lead generation and qualification framework which can be optimized against varying platform considerations e.g. brand category, scoring & underwriting analysis variables, etc.
- Successfully represent Leap as the leading “Retail-as-a-Service” Platform in the marketplace amongst brands, industry partners and peers
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants.