At Leap we’re building a world-class platform to drive growth for emerging brands by developing and operating branded retail stores. On the Leap platform, brands can easily open stores to connect with more customers and drive profitable growth - both offline and online. Branded stores *powered by Leap* deliver impactful and memorable customer experiences while helping brands to capture more customers, data and powerful insights that accelerate product innovation and overall growth. In our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 9 brands across New York City, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2020 and beyond.
Mission for the position:
The Growth Marketing Manager, will work in partnership with the VP of Brand Management and the Leap Leadership Team in developing scalable, programmatic approaches and marketing plans to drive local traffic to the branded stores (and Brand websites) on the Leap platform. To do so, the CRM & Growth Marketing Manager will leverage Leap’s large customer file and build marketing programs and a ‘always on’ approach through Leap and Brand owned assets (email, CRM, social) and paid media (social, web, OOH, radio, direct mail, etc) at both the local and regional level. Understanding the full cycle of strategy, creative, buying, implementation, tracking/optimization will be paramount for success in this role.
Develop and execute a marketing strategy across owned and paid channels
- Create and deploy store-level email CRM programing and flows setup inclusive of post visit NPS survey, product/store reviews, cross selling to other products and cross selling to other brands/stores
- Create and deploy paid digital utilizing the audience & geo-targeting strategies to drive ramp new store openings and drive traffic to Leap powered stores (i.e. FB/IG paid media, google)
- Partner with internal & external creative resources to create assets needed for owned assets and paid media activations
- Explore and build offline marketing strategies that create synergies across brands to boost store performance (i.e multi-brand Direct mail, OOH)
- Manage Leap owned assets (Instagram, Website, Twitter, Linkedin)
- Collaborate directly with partner brands for regional test & learns that drive traffic to stores (Email CRM, Digital, Social, OOH, Print, Radio, etc)
- Support the marketing and stores team in the development of brand-centric components of overall retail strategy (i.e. experiential marketing, sales process / content for staff trainings, etc.)
Manage budgets (by channel/brand), KPIs, optimizations and synthesis of results
- Create and define benchmarks, recommendations and optimizations
- Partner with the marketing, retail operations team and store managers synthesize and analyze marketing program performance and results
- Create recommendations, case studies and guides to help brands understand marketing activations and investments that work to drive store performance
Drive new channels and cutting edge activations
- Explore new technology, tools and platforms that can drive traffic & store performance both in marketing campaigns and in-store with test and learns.
Competencies & attributes for success:
- +5 years experience in marketing with focus to email CRM, social & digital activations and brand building
- Experience working at smaller, scrappy startup preferred with knowledge of retail, DTC, luxury and fashion brands landscape.
- Well versed in direct (non agency) social media management (buying, deploying, measuring)
- Experience in designing & creating digital content & printed collateral or working with external resources (i.e. freelancers)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication ability
- Strong creative and problem solving skills
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Self starter, humble, quick learner, with high aptitude for self-improvement
- Extreme attention to detail; ability to understand the big picture while operating in weeds
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successful email & digital program deployment and ongoing management including strategy, implementation, reporting, analysis and optimization, as measured against program performance targets for contribution to email performance, store traffic and sales.
- Consistent timely delivery of marketing program performance reports
- Development of new marketing programs for brands to opt into
- Successful implementation of Leap Brand owned asset strategy by deploying engaging content and growing follower counts
- Consistent successful collaboration with direct report management, store managers and staff and corporate administrative functional leaders (e.g. HR, etc.)
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented high performance culture within the firm