Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
In 2021, our third full calendar year in business, we grew 4x+ by every measure and are heading into 2022 with 50 stores open, 30+ active brands in our store footprint (500+ total registered) and a team of 300+, and poised to grow another 5x in the near term. The year ahead promises to be even more exciting, with new platform capabilities launching, an ambitious revenue plan and expansion of our operations and customer base across existing and new markets.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a unique company. Our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed. Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount. Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
Mission for the position:
The Creative Director’s mission is to ensure the Leap brand identity is expressed consistently across all mediums, channels and audiences, from our marketing and investor relations collateral to sales and product user experience for brand customers and employees, and more. The Creative Director will create value by pushing and adding to the thinking of Leap brand/business leaders and managers, and working to translate concepts into clear and compelling visual assets which help to more clearly convey vision and drive desired actions. In this role you will learn everything about Leap and our market (brand customers, consumers i.e. store shoppers, real estate partners i.e. landlords and broker partners) and find creative ways to communicate core/critical business concepts to each, such as why the platform matters, what our products are/do, how the business works, and more. The creative director will be part of the marketing division working across both B2B and B2C marketing workstreams while also working closely with our CEOs and the product teams as we continue to develop our Platform.
- Own the Leap brand visual Identity, brand book and art direction
- Create and execute visuals for presentation, product content, templates, or style guides
- Coordinate the application of visuals across all platforms including documents, slides, web, and more
- Select and approve photographs, artwork, graphics, and designs for use in communications
- Help to keep projects on budget and deadline
- Help to set strategy for, and direct, brand communication in marketing & PR, product, investor relations materials, employment brand building assets, etc.
- Oversee and help develop creative templates collateral and advertising materials for B2B marketing
- Further define Leap’s B2C visual identity and ensure brand is consistently brought to life across touch points (CRM, loyalty programs, in-store, receipts, etc)
- Work closely with product managers and designers to bring Leap’s brand to life visually in internal and external facing product and platform systems/tools
- Support People & Culture team initiatives behind employment brand building, DEI, and more
- Partner with senior executive leadership (e.g. our Co-CEO’s, CFO, CTO, et al) to support investor relations work and deliverables
Competencies for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or combination of relevant education, experience and training
- 5+ years of related experience in a comparable role – consumer business / technology platform, or brand building experience are both a plus but not required
- Exceptional Design Portfolio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent visual design skills
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Consistently delivers visual assets that are clear, compelling, reflect strong understanding of the Leap business and strategy, and create value for stakeholders inside and outside of the company
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues throughout the company and effectively helps to drive projects and teams, particularly cross-functionally
Why take the leap?
- The mission at Leap - to build the world’s largest network of branded retails stores – powered by data, systems and scale, is literally transforming the future of retail, and all Leapers contribute to making this happen.
- We offer a competitive salary, performance bonus, employee option grants, 401K, paid sabbatical, heritage holidays, charitable donation match, discounts across all of our brands, meaningful health and well being benefits and MORE!
- We believe and invest in professional development, employee satisfaction and internal advancement.
- We offer a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and welcoming to all.
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team.
In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.
*Please include graphic design work samples and/or portfolio as part of application