Technical Recruitment Manager
- Chicago, IL
- Full Time
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is comprised of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop, and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
About the role:
We're looking for a Technical Recruitment Manager who thrives in dynamic, high growth environments where data-driven decision making and building structured/scalable frameworks are the keys to success. The ideal candidate has exceptional recruiting, workflow design, people engagement, communication skills and is excited by the opportunity to build a genre-defining company from the ground up by working on both high impact recruitment and staff engagement efforts.
We're already over +300 people in total and both our corporate and field (store) teams are growing quickly. We're adding to existing teams and creating new functions, so our organization is expanding in depth and breadth as we grow. We're actively hiring and onboarding across every team and function in the company and are looking for our first Technical Recruitment Manager to be based in Chicago and NYC as formative members of our People team. They will build a team of recruiters, lead the search of analysts, engineers, product designers, and data scientists and other roles across the technology functions of Leap.
- Accountable for Full Life Cycle Recruitment: Partner with the CTO, VP of People & Culture, and other hiring managers and people team members to facilitate end to end hiring processes for technology (engineering, Product, Analytics) teams at all levels. Activities include role specification and job chartering against business needs, search strategies, interview stage design, evaluation criteria, training hiring managers in approach, offer and closing strategies. Lead the end-to-end search for high priority positions that become available internally.
- Build Strong Talent Pipelines: Shepherd efforts to strategically build and maintain a strong and diverse bench of active and passive future candidates across technology functions through headhunting, marketing campaigns, networking, internal sources and engagement across social channels.
- Establish Metrics & Data to Improve Hiring Velocity & Outcomes: Analyze the effectiveness of hiring efforts through data analysis and reporting, including but not limited to critical recruitment KPIs, OKRs and market trend. Share insights and proposed action with VP of People & Culture, recruitment team, and other leadership audiences as needed.
- Facilitate Interview Trainings: Partner with other people team member to facilitate hiring manager trainings to drive better hiring decisions across technology functions.
- Provide Counsel: Provide recruitment counsel and guidance to hiring managers regarding market employment trends, compensation, skills/attributes, target companies, recruitment strategies, interviewing/assessments, and sourcing tactics
- Build High Performing Teams: Attract, onboarding and retain a high performing team of recruiters and sourcers to enable company headcount growth YOY per desired objectives.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 5+ years of technology recruitment experience with a track record of success; preferably in high-growth, VC backed, tech enabled companies and/or "platform" businesses
- A network of FE/Backend/ML engineers, analysts, product design and management candidates
- Outstanding communication and teamwork skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization / project management
- Working knowledge of commonly used sourcing tools, job boards and applicant tracking systems and AI
- High level of comfort working in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style - self starting, highly accountable, ability to anticipate needs, identify problems and provide solutions to their team and hiring manager partners
- Humility and high aptitude for learning and self-improvement
- Ability to gain the respect and buy in of cross functional partners through authenticity of self, transparent communication, and delivery of results
- Passion for building high performing teams in dynamic and rapidly evolving growth company environments
Our corporate team members are mostly in NYC and Chicago (where we currently have offices) and our field/store teams are in markets throughout the company. For this position we are looking for candidates based in or who are able to move to Chicago and/or NYC.
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Sources, hires, and onboards, top priority roles slated each quarter bolstering our ability to achieve mission.
- Contribution to employer branding and other Talent team initiatives to maximize our access to top candidates and grow
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented, high-performance culture within the company
- Hire and build a high performing team in year one
Why take the leap?
The mission at Leap - to build the world’s largest network of branded retails stores – powered by data, systems, and scale, is literally transforming the future of retail, and all Leapers contribute to making this happen.
We offer competitive salaries, bonus, employee options, meaningful benefits and other perks that come with the job.
We actively promote from within and provide opportunities for professional development.
We offer a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and welcoming to all.
"However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. To achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words; this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued."