Leap Services, Inc.
Merchandising & Inventory Planning Manager, NYC
At Leap we’re building a world-class platform to drive growth for emerging brands by developing and operating branded retail stores. On the Leap platform, brands can easily open stores to connect with more customers and drive profitable growth - both offline and online. Branded stores *powered by Leap* deliver impactful and memorable customer experiences while helping brands to capture more customers, data and powerful insights that accelerate product innovation and overall growth. In our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 9 brands across New York City, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2020 and beyond.
Mission for the position:
The Merchandising and Inventory Planning Manager, will work in partnership with the VP of Brand Management and the Leap Leadership Team in developing holistic approaches, inventory planning models and assortment recommendations to open stores with the right inventory and drive proper ongoing replenishments to ultimately drive sales, increase sell through rate, limit out of stocks and drive margin at Leap powered stores. To do so, the Merchandising & Inventory Planning Manager will work closely with the Brand Management team and be a key liaison with external brands & their planning & merchandising teams.
- Create assortment recommendations inclusive of breadth and depth to maximize sales per foot at Leap powered retail stores
- Lead replenishment ordering with brands based on what’s selling and not selling in-store
- Curate collections across geographies and seasons based on market and shopping trends & data
- Partner with Leap Account Managers and brands on the Leap Platform to analyze and assess new collection launches and plan for inventory allocations accordingly
- Build best practices across brands and stores to better drive assortment for new brands and stores opening on the Leap Platform
- Build models, worksheets and forecasting tools to best determine how many SKUs, Styles and units are needed to drive store performance & success for opening.
- Analyze ongoing real time sales data across brands and stores to create replenishment orders to keep inventory levels right in store and avoid lost sales & out of stocks
- Analyze inventory and sell through rates in existing stores within a geography to better project inventory models future stores in same geography
- Partner with design and store development team to drive FOH/BOH storage and merchandising constraints based on brand’s collection and store layout
- Create recommendations, case studies and guides to help brands understand inventory planning for retail
Competencies & attributes for success:
- +5 years experience in merchandising and/or inventory planning in apparel, accessories, shoes, beauty and/or CPG landscape.
- Experience in working across brands and categories preferred (i.e Department store)
- Exceptional analytical and excel skills
- Experience working at smaller, scrappy startup preferred with knowledge of retail, DTC and fashion brands landscape.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Self starter, humble, quick learner, with high aptitude for self-improvement
- Extreme attention to detail; ability to understand the big picture while operating in weeds
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Timely and accurate inventory plans, forecasts and allocations
- Optimized assortments to maximize sales performance and profitability across stores and brands
- Consistent delivery of replenishment plans to brands
- Partnership and trust with brands to help them buy inventory & allocate inventory ahead of seasons for the stores
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented high performance culture within the company