Leap develops and operates physical retail stores for emerging brands. Via the Leap platform, brands rapidly deploy efficient, modern stores that work in concert with their ecommerce customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* deliver outstanding customer experience and powerful insights that enable emerging brands to grow and innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. In just our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 9 brands in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2020 and beyond. We're excited by the opportunity to reinvent retail for the next generation of leading brands and consumers.
The Store Designer / Project Manager is the internal store designer and build project manager for stores on the Leap platform, working across our stores and brands to bring compelling, immersive brand experiences to life. In this role you'll design compelling brand experiences within our customizable frameworks and project manage our agile build process to ensure each store is built on time and on budget. Brand stores powered by Leap complement our brands' ecommerce experiences by enabling customers to discover and connect with products and people in real life; thus, in this role you'll leverage Leap’s store design approach and systems (i.e. space planning and functional store elements) while learning what makes each brand’s core value proposition sing.
- Support Real Estate team during store location evaluation and lease negotiations by reviewing sites and relevant deal terms.
- Lead store concept design and layout / space planning and produce designs and schematic drawings to gain approval from brand customers and internal stakeholders e.g. Retail Ops, Technology and Finance team members.
- Prepare and manage budgets and schedules for store builds.
- Prepare and manage bids and procurement processes for store builds.
- Prepare and manage packages for contractors and other vendors.
- Proactively coordinate communications amongst internal stakeholders and brand customers during design and build processes.
- Manage build sites (contractors and other vendors, and setup/configuration of visual merchandising, lighting and other store elements key to customer and employee experience) and resolve issues in the field to ensure delivery on time and on budget while maintaining quality.
- Coordinate store turnover and punchlist completion with Retail Operations and Brand Management team members.
- Manage close out packages including budget vs actuals reporting, as-built modeling and inspections.
- Manage and further develop Leap's FF&E system
- Support windows all store's window displays designs
Key competencies & attributes for success:
- Track record of success managing the design and buildout of stores focused on compelling customer experience and efficient operations.
- 5+ years of experience in retail store design as a store designer, interior designer, visual merchandising or events designer.
- Ability to travel by car or plane to conduct site visits and participate in on-site activities. Travel will be intermittent but may be as high as 50% at times.
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successful project management of store design and build workflows according to defined measures.
- Successful execution of store builds e.g. on-time, on-budget, and maintaining quality.
- Successful collaboration with peers/stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented, high performance culture within the company.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants