Strategy & Planning Manager/Sr Manager
- New York, NY
- Full Time
Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations. At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
Mission for the position:
Leap is looking for an experienced strategy and planning leader to build out the S&P department and grow a team to support strategic projects and annual planning. This role / team sits at the nexus of every functional group and will serve as thought partners to Leap leadership in strategic planning and operations. S&P will drive transformational projects from ideation to implementation by collaborating with cross functional teams and leaders to help them position Leap for growth and scale. This is a very exciting time to join Leap and this team. You will have the opportunity to build out Strategy and Planning as a function and have a huge impact on the organization.
- See the Future: Relentlessly identify new ideas, develop hypotheses that push the business forward; create plans to test them, and use data to rigorously prioritize how we deploy our resources
- Analyze / Develop Strategic Plans: Drive
- analysis that will guide important strategic decisions to propel the business forward — distill large volumes of information and present them back to the business in the form of succinct business insights
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs / benefits of programs and work with Leap leadership to execute those strategies
- Measure Performance: Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist growth efforts as well as ensuring a tight cadence on reporting and delivery on targets; drive efficient reporting on OKRs
- Build Relationships: Work closely with retail, marketing, people, go to market teams, product, engineering, and finance to identify important trends, problems and opportunities, set clear objectives for the organization, and ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems
- Solve the Big Problems: Identify operational weaknesses and help improve and innovate processes to keep our corporate teams as efficient as possible
Competencies for success:
- 5-7 years (min) in strategy / operations / investment banking / consulting roles
- Experience hiring / leading a team
- Self starter - able to take initiative and run
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- High business acumen and empathy in business processes design / implementation; experience driving adoption of B2B platform systems and operational standards is a plus
- Strong management and leadership skills; enjoys coaching and developing team members
- Exceptional attention to detail; ability to understand the big picture while operating in the weeds
- High level of comfort working in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style – self-starting, highly accountable, ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions, desire to win
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successfully lead strategic planning and OKR efforts to develop an integrated roadmap across the entire portfolio of programs
- Ensure comprehensive, high-quality, and proactive communications within teams and with key stakeholders, including the Director/VP level stakeholders
- Introduce tools and processes to ensure effective planning, execution and communication
- Takes ownership of Strategy & Planning function; creates and itterates on team charter
- Builds successful partnerships with cross functional team leaders
- Able to be a player coach as we build the team
The Business Operations team values:
- Humility and lifelong learning
- Accountability and ownership
- Service oriented
- Work smarter not harder / do more with less
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. In order to achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words, this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.